These are our all time favorite muffins and the best snack. We always have them in the fridge. It is a recipe from It’s All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow. We alter it a little bit, but the original recipe is amazing also!
GLUTEN FREE | DAIRY FREE | REFINED SUGAR FREE | EGG FREE
1 large sweet potato
1/2 cup oil (grapeseed, avocado, or extra virgin olive oil)
1/2 cup unsweetened dairy free milk (almond, cashew, hemp)
1/2- 3/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups gluten free flour (we usually use King Arthur’s all purpose baking mix)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp Chinese five-spice powder
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the sweet potato (on a piece of tin foil to protect your oven from sweet potato drool) until it is soft – about 1 hour.
- Let the sweet potato cool.
- Peel the skin off of the sweet potato and mash it up.
- Add the oil, dairy free milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, five-spice powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well with oil.
- Fill the cups with batter, evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, test with a toothpick or fork.
- Cool before serving.
Photo cred: http://www.katybloss.com/2013/04/19/eat-sweet-potato-five-spice-muffins/