PALEO | Sugar Free | Dairy Free | Allergen Friendly
We modeled our recipe off of Goop’s recipe, but changed it a little bit to make it paleo. Non-dairy ice cream is tricky because often it comes out icy and not creamy, however this recipe uses an awesome, surprising ingredient that helps it have a creamy texture: rum!
PSA: This ice cream will not intoxicate you or your children and most of the alcohol is cooked out.
2 cans full fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons rum
2.5 tablespoons instant espresso
1/4 teaspoon salt
chocolate chips (amount is up to your discretion) – look at our almond butter cup recipe to make paleo chocolate!
1. Combine all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat. Wait for the espresso to dissolve and the alcohol to cook out (approximately 7 minutes).
2. Pour into a bowl and put in the fridge.
3. As soon as the mixture is cool, transfer it into the ice cream maker.
4. Let the ice cream maker do its thing for 20-30 minutes.
5. Smash up the chocolate and add it in when the ice cream is almost done.
6. ENJOY! You can also freeze it overnight, but CAUTION: you will most likely be drooling over it when its done.