PALEO | Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy Free | Organic
We modeled our recipe off of PaleoNewbie‘s recipe.
1/2 lb organic ground pork
1/2 lb organic ground beef
1 can (28-oz) of organic diced tomatoes (the kind that looks like tomato sauce)
1 cup of onions, diced
1 1/4 cup of carrots, diced
1 cup of celery, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp basil, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
2 boxes of capello’s fettuccine
1. Brown the ground pork and beef in coconut oil and put aside.
2. Prepare the onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Add to a sauce pan with some coconut oil and sauté until they are tender.
3. Add the meat to the pan with the cooked veggies.
4. Add the can of diced tomatoes. If there are chunks, then mash them to make a smooth sauce.
5. Add the basil, oregano and thyme.
6. Let simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and most of the liquid evaporates (Make sure you stir about every 7 minutes!)
7. When there is about 5 minutes left, start the gnocchi.
8. Add some salt and olive oil to a pot of water and bring to a boil.
9. Add the fettucine to the boiling water and stir every 30 seconds for about 1.5 minutes. Taste test the pasta, it should be chewy, but not mushy.
10. Strain the fettucine and run cold water over it to prevent over cooking.
11. Pour sauce on top and enjoy with a glass of red wine!
The sauce should look something like this: