PALEO | Grain Free | Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Organic
Phebe – My Easter brunch today consisted of these delicious turkey burgers! I’m going on week 7 of my Crohn’s flare and now I’m following an anti-parasite diet (no sugar whatsoever, no grains, no dairy, and LOTS of pumpkin seeds, protein, and vegetables). SO, I made these delicious juicy burgers!
Ingredients (makes 4 burgers):
16 oz (one pound) organic ground turkey meat (no preservatives, no additives, no antibiotics, no hormones)
2 green onion (chopped)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp corriander
1 tsp paprika
4 large organic eggs (for topping)
Vegan cheese (optional)
Grilled mushrooms (optional)
Any other toppings you want!
Note: be careful of condiments, there is often a lot of sugar in sauces such as ketchup and BBQ sauce
- Grease pan with oil (avocado oil, olive oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil).
- Combine ground turkey, salt, pepper, coriander, paprika, and green onion
- Using washed hands massage the meat and mix in the spices
- Split meat up into four or five even pieces
- Roll meat into ball and then flatten. Tip: make a small indent in the middle of the patty – when the burgers are ready to be flipped, you will see that this hole will be filled with “sweat” (the juices of the burger)
- Places burgers into pan and let cook for approximately 7 minutes on one side. Can also cook on the grill – you’ll know when to flip when they are “sweating”
- In a separate pan fry the eggs in oil.
- When the burgers have one minute left to cook put a piece of vegan cheese on the top so it melts onto the burger.
- Make a bed of spinach on your plate and put the turkey burger on top, then place the egg on top of the burger and you’re ready to EAT!
Grilled/sautéed mushrooms are a really yummy addition to this recipe.